2020 / 2021 Event Safety Procedure
The following procedures will be put in place for the 2020 / 2021 event season to provide a safer environment for staff, exhibitors, sponsors and event attendees. Procedures are not limited to the follow and may change as event dates approach depending on guidance provided by the CDC and local city officials. For questions regarding these procedures contact Stacey Lindsay. If at any time police or city officials feel there is a safety concern they will be have the right to make changes or to close the event.
- First we ask that for anyone planning to participate in a festival, if you are not feeling well please stay home.
- A minimum of 6’ spacing between exhibitor, food vendor spaces and event activities.
- Food vendors will be spread out throughout the event instead of grouped in one location to reduce congestion with lines.
- Increase the number of portable restrooms and we will provide an attendant to disinfect them between use.
- Tape will be placed down for lines in heavy traffic areas.
- Additional hand sanitizer stations will be placed throughout the festival.
- Food vendors will have hand sanitizer on hand and will use single use products such as packets of ketchup and plastic utensils.
- Food vendors and exhibitors will be encouraged to disinfect surface areas such as tables frequently.
- All staff and exhibitor personnel will be required to wear cloth face coverings, we also recommend attendees wear them too.
- Some food vendors will provide the opportunity to place orders electronically and be notified electronically when orders are complete.
- Tables of no more than 4 people will be set up (vs larger tables) and they will be spread out 6′ or further apart from each other. Staff will also disinfect them in between use.
- Signs will be posted in visible locations that promote protective measures and describe how to prevent the spread of germs by properly washing hands and wearing a cloth face covering.
- Each event will provide a location for individuals to isolate and arrange transportation home should they become ill. Look for the First Aid sign on event maps to find it.
- We will provide training to staff and volunteers on all COVID-19 Safety procedures.
2020 / 2021 Billy Moore Carnival Procedures
CITY OF FUN CARNIVAL, INC. PLANS TO SAFELY OPERATE CARNIVAL
WE ARE WORKING DILIGENTLY ON CLEANING AND SANITIZING ALL OUR EQUIPMENT. WE HAVE
WE HAVE ORDERED FACE MASKS FOR CREW/EMPLOYEES.
WE HAVE THERMOMETERS TO CHECK CREW DAILY BEFORE WORKING ANY EMPLOYEE SHOWING ANY SIGNS OF ILLNESS WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO WORK AND THEY WILL BE QUARANTINED
NEW SIGNS EXPRESSING KEEPING HANDS SANITIZED WITH TOUCHLESS MACHINES ON EVERY FENCE ENTRANCE TO RIDES
SCHEDULED TIMES FOR SANITIZING HIGHLY TOUCHED AREAS WE HAVE PURCHASED A 100% ELECTROSTATIC DISINFECTANT SPRAYER WITH PURTAB HOSPITAL GRADE VIRAL DISINFECTION TABLETS
ALL RIDES ARE FENCED IN AND SEATING WILL BE LIMITED TO KEEP PEOPLE SEPARATED AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE ** WE CAN FENCE IN THE WHOLE CARNIVAL IF REQUESTED TO ALLOW LIMITED CAPACITY
FEWER RIDES WILL BE SET UP TO HELP WITH DISTANCING ANY RIDE REQUIRING KIDS TO INTERACT WITH BRIDGES, ROPES, TUBES, ETC WILL NOT BE SET UP
FOOD TRAILERS WILL BE LIMITED AND EACH TRAILER WILL HAVE A HEALTH PERMIT BEFORE OPENING #SEE 2ND ATTACHMENT FROM DREAM CATCHERS CAFE
SEATING AND TABLES IN FOOD COURT WILL BE LIMITED AND CONDIMENTS WILL ALL BE PACKAGE
EXTRA HAND WASHING STATIONS WILL BE AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT THE MIDWAY
RIDE OPERATORS/EMPLOYEES WILL NOT PHYSICALLY ASSIST RIDERS/CHILDREN INTO OR OUT OF RIDES
NEW HOURS OF OPERATIONS WITH FEWER DAYS. NO SPECIALS THAT ATTRACT LARGE VOLUMES OF PEOPLE (WE WILL TRY TO BE COST EFFECT) POSSIBLY LIMITING CERTAIN HOURS TO CERTAIN AGE GROUPS
WE WILL FOLLOW IAAPA GUIDELINES WITH GUEST RESPONSIBILITY SUCH AS:
CARNIVAL ATTRACTIONS VS SPORTS ARENA, MOVIE THEATERS AND CONCERTS
1. CAPACITY CAN BE REDUCED TO ALLOW FOR APPROPRIATE DISTANCING
2. SEATING POSITIONS ON RIDES ARE CONTROLLED BY EMPLOYEES
3. EXPOSURE TIME IS LIMITED AS GUESTS MOVE THROUGHOUT EACH ATTRACTION. RIDERS ARE NOT SITTING IN A SINGLE LOCATION ELBOW TO ELBOW FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME
4. GROUPS ARE LARGELY MADE UP OF FAMILY MEMBERS WHO DO NOT NEED TO SOCIAL DISTANCE
WE WILL WORK DILIGENTLY WITH COMMITTEES TO BEST SERVE THE COMMUNITY SAFELY