Submit application with the following items via email to: email@example.com
be sure all files are labeled with your business name. Only copy of each need to be sent per year starting in July, unless you have changes.
□ Menu with prices
□ Footprint Diagram with measurements
□ Booth Photo
□ Current Proof of $1,000,000 insurance coverage (this needs to be provided for each event naming Goosebump Marketing & Events as well as the event owners (listed with each event information) Contact Stacey Lindsay if you have any questions 602-418-5771
FOOD APPLICANT RULES
All Food Vendors are charged a flat fee per event. Full payment is due upon acceptance into the event. Money Order and Checks payable to City of Avondale are accepted. Please do NOT send cash.
- The following information is required for ALL APPLICATIONS (applications NOT including the following will not be considered):
- Completed Application
- Current Menu with Prices
- Space requirements/ footprint diagram with measurements
- Description of product
- Booth Photo
- Current certificate of liability insurance for $1,000,000. Naming as Additional insured: Goosebump Marketing & Events, City of Avondale, and all event sponsors, agents, employees and volunteers (include date of festival).
- Vendors will abide by EVENT staff requirements regarding location(s)
- Your space must be set up by 5:30 pm and you must remain open until 9:00 pm (The event is from 6 to 9 pm)
- Applicants must claim their assigned booth space no later than 5:30 pm. on the event date or it will be forfeited
- Applicants are responsible for removing debris and ensuring the general cleanliness of the area surrounding their space throughout the Eventl and following its conclusion
- Proof of health permit is required at time of event
- Vendors will provide all required equipment for sales
- Limited 110 outlets are available upon request Vendors will provide any additional electricity if needed, and will tape all electrical cords down and maintain their secure taping during the festival
- Vendors will supply electrical cords with covers if stretched across a walkway
- Vendors will supply their own ice during the festival
ON- SITE SAFETY & SECURITY
- Applicants shall sell and serve food at their own risk.
- The festival producers are not responsible for damage, theft, or loss of equipment or display furnishings.
- Applicants must obey all pertinent safety codes and laws, including, but not limited to, fire, safety and parking regulations
- Canopy tents must be fire retardant; open flames must be located a minimum of 10’ away from all canopy materials
- All canopies, tents and other temporary structures must be weighted before you are permitted to open, with the equivalent of 40-pounds per pole minimum.
- Event participants agree to allow use of video and photography taken by Festival organizers at the event for promotional purposes. Any photos taken by the event are the property of the Event.
- All propane tanks are required to be anchored securely
FOOD AND SNACK VENDORS ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS
Vendors execute this Agreement as independent contractors and shall at all times have complete supervision, direction, and control over the services to fulfill requirements. Vendors execute this agreement as independent contractors, not as an employee of EVENT. Vendors will assume responsibility for appropriate payment of payroll taxes and charges under applicable federal and local law. Vendors agree to take complete responsibility for paying the appropriate federal and state taxes as independent contractors.
Vendors and personnel supplied by Vendor may be members of a union or guild. In such event Vendors and Personnel agree to be solely responsible for complying with rules and regulations of such union or guild. Upon execution of this contract all parties hereby agree to submit any claims, disputes or differences, which would involve agent in litigation of any kind arising out of, or connected with this contract and the Event covered thereby to the jurisdiction of the courts and law of the State of Arizona. However, if all parties agree said disputes might be brought before a board of arbitration approved and agreed to by all parties. This paragraph shall not be applicable with regards to any disputes of litigation solely between EVENT and Vendor. If any party is forced to litigate any matters contained herein, the prevailing party shall recover reasonable attorneys’ fees and other costs.
MUNICIPAL CODES, LICENSING & TAXES
- Applicants will obey all pertinent codes, laws, ordinances and regulations.
- A Privilege License/ Business License for the city the event is being held in is available SEPARATELY from your event fee. For the City of Avondale events Goosebump secures the city privilege license for those who do not have one and tax is collected at the event. Contact Goosebump with questions.
- This fee does NOT exempt applicants from State of Arizona taxes and all vendors must independently pay state sales taxes.
- Each applicant’s proof of license is required to exhibit their sign in the front, upper-right corner of their booth display, visible to patrons. This sign must be displayed at all times.
- Installation and operation of any exhibits not meeting event approval are prohibited.
- All vendors must apply and be approved for a Temporary Food Service Establishment Permit
- Maricopa County Environmental Services Department Environmental Health Division
- Special Events Program
- 1001 N Central Ave, Suite 300
- Phoenix, AZ 85004Phone
- (602) 506-6978 Fax
- (602) 506-6862
- E-mail: SPECIALEVENTS@MAIL.MARICOPA.GOV
- State of Arizona sales taxes must be paid separately by the Applicant.
- Applicants must comply with all Event, municipal and state rules, regulations and policies listed in this application, or policies included in the applicant acceptance notification. Any noncompliance will cause elimination and applicant may be immediately removed from the Festival with no refund of fees or compensation for expenditures. Applicants also may be barred from acceptance to future City of Avondale events.
- Festival producers, in their sole discretion, may reserve the right to refuse participation by any applicant, entertainer, food vendor or any other such participant for any reason.
- Festival producers are not liable for refunds or any other liabilities whatsoever for applicant’s failure to obey the rules and regulations or due to the unstable condition of the area in which the Festival is produced, caused by, but not limited to, weather, fire or other calamity, any act of nature, public enemy, strikes, statutes, ordinances of any legal authority or any other cause beyond producer’s control.
- By fulfilling application and engaging in participation, all applicants release and hold harmless Goosebump Marketing and Events, City of Avondale, and all event sponsors from any and all liability, as outlined in the rules and regulations.
- Applicants will initiate any legal proceedings arising from violations of these terms and conditions in Maricopa County, Arizona.
- Applications and/or acceptance notifications are not contracts.